Joseph Lawrence Bevins and his wife, Lucy Eliza Robinson were my great-grandparents. All of their children are deceased now and their grandchildren are either deceased(like my Dad)or getting older. I'm hoping to find an answer to this puzzle. My Grandmother, Lucy Anna(Annie)Bevins Mills was the youngest of Joe and Lucy's children. She had a small notebook in which she kept notes of important family events. I'm not sure how many kids Joe and Lucy had. I'm sure of James Lawrence, Robert Lee(Lee), Elsie and Grandma. But, in her notebook, Grandma had written "William" between Lee and Elsie. Did they have a stillborn baby? A child who died very young? Or am I just remembering wrong? I didn't inherit that notebook & haven't seen it since I was a teenager(probably the late '60s or early '70s). If any one can help me with this I would really appreciate it.
I am descended from James G. Bevins through my Dad's Mother. From James Godrey(not Godfrey)Bevins born 6 Aug. 1849 in Canada, Pike Co, Ky. He married Victoria Phillips born 8 June 1849. Married 8 April 1868. They were the parents of:
*1) Joseph Lawrence born 1 Nov. 1869, Canada, Pike Co, Ky. married Lucy Eliza Robinson 4 Dec. 1895
2) William Thompson born Canada, Pike Co., Ky. married Pearl May Carter
3) Roland T. born Canada, Pike Co., Ky. married Kate DeJarnette
4) John H. born " " " married Etna(Etta)May Tisdale
5) Mary Anna born " " " married James Grant Whitney
6) Bertie C. born " " " married Elizabeth Susan Beach
7) Flora Ellen born " " " married George Wesley Dunkin
Joseph Lawrence and Lucy Eliza were the parents of:
1)James Lawrence(Jim) married Joyce(Joycie)Viola Stroup
2)Robert Lee(Lee) married Ameta Jane ?
3) Elsie married James (Otto) Parsons
*4) Lucy Anna(Anna or Annie) born 9 Feb. 1906 in Blackburn, Ok. married William(Billy)Luther Mills born 15 July 1894. Married 8 Aug. 1922 in Oilton, Ok. Anna died 25 Aug. 1980. Billy died 26 Jan. 1965.
Anna and Billy Mills were the parents of:
1) Billy Lee(1924-1942)
*2) Jackie(Jack)Dean, born 12 Nov. 1927 in Webb City, Ok. married Violet Imogene(Jeanne)Coward born 23 Oct. 1929. Married 22 July 1949. Jack died 28 Dec. 1990.
3) Virginia Elnora(Ginny, Gin, Sis) born 15 June 1931. Married Thomas Junior Ham(not Thomas Ham Junior) born 6 Nov. 1929. I don't know their wedding date.
4) Larry Gene born 7 Aug. 1936. married 1st Irby Pearl(Juanita) Caviness 1955-1957. 2nd bonnie Lee Louvierre. She had been married before & had 2 daughters.
Jack & Jeanne are the parents of:
1) Sherry Lynette, born 11 June 1950 in Kansas City, Ks.she married Robert Duane Bugher 6 June 1969, Las Vegas, Nv.
2) Karen Diane, born 28 Jan. 1953, in Seminole, ok. She married 1st Tracy Sumner Breed, Jr. in Las Vegas, Nv. 2nd James "Timothy" Rockson in Las Vegas, Nv. 3rd remarried Tracy in Fl. 4th remarried Tim in Reno, Nv.
*3) LuAnn(Ann)Cay named for Grandma. I was born 16 Jan 1956 in Seminole, Ok. I married Michael Leonard Percha, born 27 May 1958. Married 11 Aug. 1979 in Midland, Mi.
4) Kam Alan born 3 Sept. 1958 in Idaho Falls, Id. married Laura Lynette Smith born 26 Jan 1960. Married 7 Oct. 1978. Divorced.
5) Tom Olin born 28 Sept. 1962 in Idaho Falls, Id. married 1st Kim Schrag. 2nd Loni Sue Wilson, born 22 Nov. 1961. they were married in Id. in 1992.
Corrections in your family tree. Mary Polly Williamson's parents were:
John Williamson and Elender Day. Not Benjamin Williamson and Lucretia Scott. Also Joseph Bevins, Jr., who was James G. Bevins' father was married twice. His 2nd wife was Lydia Ratliff. They had the following children:
1) Mary married George Hatfield
2) Joseph Floyd married Vicey Runyon
3) Anna drowned as a child.
Where did you find your information? I have marriages for all of James G's brothers and sisters if you are interested. I'm always interested in meeting family. How are you related?